MIENTAY CONSTRUCTION UNIVERSITY MIENTAY CONSTRUCTION UNIVERSITY
Over the past 45 years, MienTay Construction University has developed constantly, from Construction High School No. 8 (1976) to MienTay Construction College (2003) and MienTay Construction University (2011). The University has trained tens of thousands of high-level human resources who are engineers and architects for the Construction industry in the Mekong River Delta region. The University was honored to receive many noble awards: Third-class, Second-class, First-class Labor Medals, Third-class Independence Medal, many excellent flags and certificates of merit from the Government, Ministries, departments and the People’s Committee of Vinh Long Province, etc.
MienTay Construction University is located at 20B Pho Co Dieu Street, Vinh Long City. It is a public university directly under the Ministry of Construction, formerly known as Construction High School No. 8 which was established by the Ministry of Construction in 1976 and was renamed as MienTay Construction High School by the Ministry of Construction in 1995. In January 2003, the Minister of Education and Training signed the Decision No. 72/QD-BGD&DT-TCCB upgrading it to MienTay Construction College. In order to carry out the University’s mission in the new period, on September 06, 2011, the Prime Minister signed the Decision No. 1528/QD-TTg on the establishment of MienTay Construction University on the basis of MienTay Construction College. This is the first Construction University under the Ministry of Construction in the Mekong River Delta region, contributing to training construction scientific and technical staff for the entire region.